Saturday, April 7, 2018

Smudging Process

Any holistic cleansing practice requires energy transfer.
Before I could use my lapis lazuli and labradorite stones I took them to the beach to restore them with saltwater because it's a natural cleaning property. After that I sat and meditated with each stone to charge specific intentions and what I'd hope to gain from the stone's energy.
When looking up how to clean tarot decks, gem stones, etc., smudging will come up a lot.
Like I mentioned in the last blog post smudging isn't solely reserved for religious ceremonies. In a way, it can be considered a spiritual shower.
Energy can be stored in any space or vessel so it makes sense to use sage burning to cleanse a room or new apartment for instance.
So I suppose any herb shop should have a bundle, also called a wand, of dry sage to light. "Next, place it on any heat-proof burning surface like an Abolone Shell — a traditional vessel used by Indigenous American people that represents the element of water."
Once you have a true flame, you stop the flames to where the wand just smokes.
From here direct the smoke towards whatever's in need of cleansing. Usually the candle burner recites an incantation to help visualize negative energy disappearing with the smoke.
To end the ritual you can either smother the flames in the container or let it burn all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment